VISA credit cards are the most common credit cards used by millions of people in India. VISA is considered as one the safest and a secure way to purchase online. Here, we will be discussing meaning, types, and eligibility for VISA credit cards in India.
What do you mean by VISA?
VISA is a multinational financial corporation, having its headquarters in California, USA. The company is well-known around the world for facilitating electronic funds transfer.
A VISA provides a payment network that allows the digital transfer of money through VISA – branded debit, credit card, and gift card. But VISA doesn’t set rates and fees or issue credit cards. It just connects customers, business owners, merchants, and other financial institutions for easy transfer of money. In India, nearly 50.3 million people use credit card, and a major portion of it is VISA credit cards.
What are the different types of VISA Credit Cards in India?
VISA credit cards in India are broadly classified into five types.
- VISA Classic credit card: this type of card is most commonly used by people all around the world. The card is mainly used for online purchases, travel, and dining.
- VISA Gold credit card: this category of credit card provides a higher credit limit. Also, those who possess VISA gold cards have access to legal, medical, and travel assistance. The card comes with special offers on certain expenses.
- VISA platinum credit card: Owning this category of the card gives the holder better benefits and rewards. The holder can avail of offers on hotels, medical stores, and electronic purchases.
- VISA signature credit card: It can be used throughout the world with 24/7 concierge services.
- VISA Infinite credit card: the last category of the credit card by VISA is considered to be elite. It includes all benefits and rewards mentioned above, along with constant Concierge service during an emergency.
How to apply for a VISA credit card in India?
The best way to get a VISA credit card is by visiting a bank that has ties with VISA Company. In India HDFC, HSBC, ICICI, SBI, and Standard chartered banks provide VISA credit cards. To obtain a VISA credit card, you need to fill and submit an application to the bank. The application submitted and eligibility of the applicant will be considered by the bank while issuing the credit card.
What is the eligibility to apply for a VISA credit card?
The eligibility of a VISA credit card in India varies based on its type. The basic eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to get a VISA credit card are as follows:
- The Age of the applicant should be between 18 and 65 years.
- The applicant must have a minimum balance in his account as per bank norms
- Finally, the applicant must submit proof of residence and identity along with the PAN card.
With this, we conclude our article. VISA credit cards in India are widely used for two reasons, security and easy access. For more information on the topic, do visit us again.